Monday, January 05, 2009

Danny Denzongpa's nepali song from the film Saino


Do you know Saino was made four times, first it was a Nepali movie in Bengali, then in Hindi, and finally it was the serial Ajnabhi. It was named Bandhu in Bengali and if everyone gets a chance upon the Bengali audio cassette get a hold of the song ammai ley bhanthey in Bengali. I still recall when I first saw Saino at Vajra Hall, I was having a bad stomach upset but I was not ready to miss any of those single scenes. 

The film was simply dominated by the presence of Danny Denzongpa ala Aamir Khan in Ghajini. I find it strange Danny too shares a similarity with Aamir Khan, we all know Aamir is very selective about his movies and does one or two films in a year but this trend was started by Danny Denzongpa way back. 

No one denies Danny's talent but very few people know he is a great singer and has sung with legends like Asha Bhonsle, Kishore Kumar, Rafi, and others. He is a good writer and did you know he had even directed a Hindi movie that had Rajesh Khanna in the lead? 

Well coming back to Saino. I like the songs very much. The film released in 1990 stars Danny, Bhuwan KC, Tripti, Muralidhar, and others. Danny sang three of the five numbers and each of them is a classic treat for Danny Denzongpa fans. Other Singers include Asha Bhonsle, Udit Narayan, Deepa Narayan, Muralidhar, and Kumar Khancha. 

4 comments:

  1. I was looking this song a lontg time, thanks for providing.. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was a hit and i remember watching the movie in a single screen theater as a kid. The tele serial Ajnabi was equally hit with the lilting theme music by Ranjit Gazmer. Both were directed by Ugyen. Remake has not been as successful as the original one. the quality of nepali movies has degraded down the years or may be i am more biased towards the movies of yesteryears.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching this movie in a single screen theater as a kid. The movie was a big hit and people used to throng the cinema hall.Ajnabee, the tele serial was equally hit when aired in DD with a lilting theme music by Ranjit Gazmer and directed by Ugyen Chhopel. the hindi movie Kaun Ho Mere Tum sank without a trace. Original will remain a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I was just wondering where i can find this movie. I really want to watch it. I remember watching this movie when I was a child in Nepal, and I remember small bits and pieces from it and I really really want to watch the entire movie. Do you know where I can find it?

    ReplyDelete