Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rongli my birthplace

BY SHITAL PRADHAN

A small hamlet in an eastern side
Silent raush on its way,
The old silk route,
More older it look
Upon which I stay,
Hey that’s Rongli,
Rongli my birthplace

Years went by, years dried up,
Yet the small village is as it was,
Silent, peaceful and introvert
Today’s picture of Rongli,

Houses as station bogie,
Looks a cradle, from Chujachen,
Upon which the blue sky,
As if I can touch thee,

Roaring River,
As the legend we hear,
Still watch with glee,
The terror of 1890 somewhat forgotten,
Yet another terrorizing moment,
68 was the year… 1968,
When sky too wasn’t pleased.
That was Rongli,
Rongli of the past.

Playing along the Baar-Pepal tree,
Hiding in the Shivalaya,
Watching videos and aloft
Is a decent memory, now?

Sweet time in treasure,
Yet when I am in Rongli,
I am happy, in whither sweet.
Rongli my birthplace !

10 comments:

  1. kudos.. nice theme shital, looks really nice and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saran....still something is missing..i am 80 % satisfied with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and what is that? i think it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is still some errors.....like shifting of sentence and other too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a neat written piece! impressive! I first came across your blog only a few days back. n nostalgia prevailed! ever since that first rendezvous, i have frequented your blog! never left a comment though! through your blog it seems all of a sudden a window has opened itself to me, to have a look beyond it for sikkim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi piro...

    thanks for dropping at my blog...i am happy you liked my posts. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, but the layout is perfect.. except puppy on the top.. change it with a sikkim map.. ke kaso?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to do so but due to my limited knowledge on html i am unable to do so...i need your help on how should i do it...also my rss feed in not working..it tells the file size is big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. humm... then you need to invite me in your blog and assign me with admin permissions.. just send me invitation and let me have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have send u the invite...it is because i have mess up my feed burner.

    ReplyDelete